Download: Click here
GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3)
- PHP 4.3 or higher.
- GD Library 2.2 or higher.
- MySQL database.
After downloading the text2PNG zip file, unzip it and upload the files into your server. Let’s assume that you uploaded all the files into the folder yourdomain.com/text2png/ (all the files are included into a text2png folder inside the zip file).
After uploading all the files, go to youdomain.com/text2png/install.php and follow the on screen instructions. Once you complete this step, you are ready to use the script.
You’ll need to make sure the following apply when installing the script.
- Set the permission of the following directories
so the script can write to it directly (check with your hosting what chmod setting you need)
- Before installation, make sure the “config.php” is writable, you can remove the writing permissions after the installation is over.
The script currently comes with only one font (Arial) and it’s variants. In order to add or manage your fonts, you need to upload your fonts (only Open Type or True Type with a .ttf extension) to the “fonts” directory. After uploading the fonts, you’ll need to add them to the script database. You can use the “Admin Section” to accomplish this.
- After installing the script, go to youdomain.com/text2png/admin/
- Login (if needed) and follow the on screen instruction on how to add a new font.
- By default, the script only recognize fonts in the database. If the font is not found, Arial will be used.